Follow us on
REME Sailing Club are not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
Web design by
Stellwagen Web Design
For membership enquires please contact the Membership Secretary, details on our Contact page or by email.
Membership Application Form
Click here to download our membership application form.
- Eligibility. The following are extracted from the Rules of the REME Sailing Club:
Qualifications. Electronic or Photo copies of qualification certificates should be sent with applications for membership, as should details of further qualifications gained at a later date. The Membership Secretary's database is a prime reference used by the Club's officials
Address. Enter the address, preferably military for those still serving, to which you wish REME Sailing Club correspondence to be sent. Please keep the Membership Secretary informed of changes.
- FULL MEMBERS. Annual full membership of the Club is open to all serving and retired members of the Corps who contribute or have contributed to the Corps Central Charitable Trust (CCT). Membership confers the right to use the Club facilities and to sail Club craft subject to the limitations imposed by qualification rules. A Full Member on joining the Club or at any time thereafter may become a Life Member on payment of the appropriate subscription, the amount of which will be decided by the AGM each year. A Life Member shall not however be exempt from the provisions of Rules 2.14 or 2.16, nor, should the necessity of enforcing these rules arise, shall he be entitled to the return of any part of his subscription.
- ASSOCIATE MEMBERS. Associate membership is open to the spouses and immediate dependants (who are 18 years or less) of Full Members as registered by that member. Associate membership is granted to spouses and immediate dependants without payment of further subscriptions. They are known as Family Associate Members and are not eligible for Full Membership.
An Associate Member:
- Shall have the right to use only those facilities agreed by the Rear Commodore;
- Shall have no right to enter Club races or regattas unless specifically authorised by the Rear Commodore;
- Shall have no right to introduce visitors to the Club or its facilities;
- Shall have no right to take part in the management of the Club or vote at meetings;
- Shall comply with the Club rules and Bylaws;
- Shall be liable to be expelled from the Club or be prohibited from using its facilities and equipment if he or she has not reasonably complied with the above conditions.
- TEMPORARY MEMBERS. Temporary membership is conferred on individuals chartering the Club equipment who are eligible for Full Membership or members of an affiliated Service yacht club and who pay the appropriate daily charter fee. The charter fee contains an element for membership and therefore there is no additional subscription charge.
Subscription Rates, as agreed at the 45th AGM, are:
Regular serving REME
Non REME, TA, Civilians
a. Associate (Temporary) Membership
b. Family Associate membership
c. Annual/Seasonal Membership:
Sgt and above
Cpl and below
d. Life Membership - single payment
Annual/Seasonal membership is valid from 1 Jan - 31 Dec each year (Excepting phase 2 students, see above). Applications received after 1 Sep 2013 will be valid until 31 Dec 2014. Full Membership subscription rates will differentiate between regular serving REME personnel and others reflecting the ongoing financial support the Club receives from the REME Sports Association for serving REME personnel.
This page was last updated on 23 Mar 2020.
© Stellwagen Web Design 2013 - 2020.
Copyright & Legal